Christoforos is a Foreign Legal Consultant (England & Wales) and Partner with WFW Global in the Finance Group. He is also head of our Hong Kong office.
Christoforos focusses on all types of cross-border asset and project financings (in particular ship lease and debt, including ECA, financings), loan restructurings, work-outs and enforcement.
His clients include leading international banks in the shipping sector, Chinese financial leasing companies and top league shipping groups.
Christoforos has a wealth of experience advising on finance deals involving Asia and the West and has led in high profile, award-winning and landscape changing ship finance transactions.
He is recommended as a leading lawyer in Hong Kong for shipping finance by legal directories Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Chambers Asia Pacific and Chambers Global. Legal 500 most recently described him as “excellent”, with Chambers highlighting his “innovation and ability to solve problems in a commercial way”.
He is registered as a Foreign Legal Consultant (England & Wales) with the HK law society.
- Advising CMB Financial Leasing on US$648m sale and leaseback of eight vessels.
- Advising Minsheng Financial Leasing in the sale and leaseback of 18 container vessels with subsidiaries of Navios Maritime Containers Inc.
- 2000 – 2001 · College of Law-Guildford LPC
- 1998 – 1999 · University of Essex LLM in international trade law
- 1995 – 1998 · University of Essex LLB
memberships & associations
- Law Society England & Wales (SRA)
- Athens Bar Association