CHRIS IS GLOBAL OIL & GAS SECTOR HEAD AND HEAD OF THE LONDON CORPORATE AND M&A GROUP.
Chris advises on deals including strategic alliances (joint venture arrangements and private equity fundraisings), mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and commercial transactions. He specialises in the energy, mining and commodities and transport sectors.
Chris is recommended as an expert corporate lawyer by leading legal directories The Legal 500 UK and IFLR 1000. The Legal 500 noted in 2021 that he “is committed to providing a first-class service, and has extensive and in-depth industry knowledge, which engenders a high level of commerciality in his advice.”
- Advising Aban Singapore Pte. Ltd on its acquisition of a 100% interest in two oil and gas blocks in the UK North Sea for a non-cash consideration of US$75m.
- Advising SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad on its acquisition of Petronas’s interests in Blocks 01/97 and 02/97, Block 10 and 11.1 and Block 46CN, offshore Vietnam, for US$400m.
- Advising Enterprize Energy Pte. Ltd on its strategic joint venture investment agreements in the Taiwanese offshore wind sector with Japan’s Mitsui & Co
- Advising Namibian oil and gas explorer Azinam Ltd on its divestment to ExxonMobil Namibia Ltd of a 30% stake in Petroleum Exploration Licence 44 offshore Namibia.
- Advising Burbo Extension Ltd on the sale of transmission assets of approximately £193m to Diamond Transmission Partners BBE Ltd
- 1996 – 1998 · Nottingham Law School, Post-Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course
- 1992 – 1995 · University of Leeds, BA in English
memberships & associations
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- PressWFW advises CREDITAS on acquisition of InterGen
- PressWFW strengthens regulatory practice with new Financial Services Regulatory partner hire
- PressWFW advises GIG on sale of 170 MW Nordics onshore wind portfolio
- PressWFW advises TEPCO on its first major international offshore wind investment
- PressWFW advising Societe Generale on proposed acquisition of PayXpert