Chengxi is an associate in the firm’s dispute resolution group.
Chengxi was admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in August 2019. During his time in practice, his experience includes contentious and non-contentious maritime, international trade, energy and resources, and insolvency matters.
Chengxi has experience advising shipowners, charterers, protection and indemnity clubs, commodities firms, oil and gas companies, renewable energy companies in matters before the Singapore courts and in arbitrations conducted under the various arbitral institutions, including ICC, SIAC, HKIAC and SCMA.
On the non-contentious front, Chengxi also has experience advising on compliance and regulatory issues.
- Advising and acting for a commodities company in a Singapore-seated ICC arbitration against sellers for non-loading of coal.
- Advising and acting for sellers in a Singapore-seated SCMA arbitration and subsequent Singapore court proceedings concerning contractual disputes in relation to two ship sale and purchase agreements.
- Advising and acting for a petrochemical company in a Singapore-seated SIAC arbitration against buyers for wrongful rejection of petrochemical products under a series of sale and purchase agreements.
- Advising and acting for a renewable energy equipment supplier a claim for unpaid invoices for the supply of equipment in a Singapore-seated ICC arbitration and subsequent Singapore court proceedings.
- Advising and acting for buyers in a Hong Kong-seated HKIAC arbitration in relation to a ship sale and purchase dispute.
- 2018 · University College London (UCL), LL.M.
- 2016 · University of Sheffield, LL.B.
memberships and associations
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- The Law Society of Singapore
- The Singapore Academy of Law
- Young Singapore International Arbitration Centre (YSIAC)