Charlotte is an Associate in the finance group based in Dubai.
Charlotte specialises in maritime transactions, advising financiers, owners and opertors on domestic and cross-border finance transactions.
Charlotte has represented lenders, agent banks, lessors, lessees and owners on a range of structures including syndicated loan transactions for the financing of LNG vessels, tankers and commercial ships, restructuring existing debt and loan portfolio sales. Charlotte has also advised on sale and purchase transactions, BIMCO chartering arrangements, the granting and discharge of security.
Prior to moving to Dubai, Charlotte worked in our London, Athens, Bangkok and Singapore offices. Whilst on secondment in the Athens office Charlotte spent a brief time in-house with the Royal Bank of Scotland in Piraeus assisting with the early stage preparation of their loan portfolio sale.
- Advising ABN AMRO Capital USA LLC on a US$220m loan facility to Team Tankers which refinanced certain existing indebtedness and assisted Team Tankers increasing its overall fleet from 37 to 52 vessels.
- Advising three separate financiers who provided loan facilities to Goodbulk Ltd. for the acquisition of 14 Capesize dry bulk carriers during a 2017/2018 from entities managed by CarVal Investors.
- Advising Kyklades Maritime Corporation with its sale and lease-back arrangements to subsidiaries of Ocean Yield ASA in respect of four new VLCC crude tankers.
- Advising US-based financial investor Cerberus Capital Management in its $1.22bn purchase of 94.9% of HSH Nordbank AG which included its extensive shipping and offshore loan portfolio.
- 2012 – 2013 · University of Law, Legal Practice Course
- 2011 – 2012 · Nottingham Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law
- 2008 – 2011 · Newcastle University, BA (Hons) English Literature
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales