C.J. Chido is Counsel in the firm’s Asset Finance group.
C.J. focuses his practice in the maritime sector and primarily acts for banks, financial institutions and private equity funds in cross-border asset-backed financings.
He also frequently advises ship owners in connection with the leasing, operating, sale and purchase of a variety of vessels in domestic and international markets.
In these roles C.J. also regularly advises on matters of Marshall Islands and Liberian corporate and maritime law.
- Advising a New York-based private equity fund marking its entrance as a ship owner on the purchase and financing of two containerships out of a German law insolvency scheme.
- Representing a large US based private equity fund in its lease financing of a fleet of oil tankers to a foreign state-owned entity.
- Acting for a US shipowner operating on the Great Lakes in connection with its financing of a new-build Jones Act qualified bulk carrier.
- 2012 · Tulane University Law School, J.D.
- 2005 · The George Washington University, B.B.A.