C.J. Chido is a Senior associate in the firm’s Asset Finance group in New York.
C.J. focuses his practice in the maritime sector and primarily acts for banks, financial institutions and private equity funds in cross-border asset-backed financings.
He also frequently advises ship owners in connection with the leasing, operating, sale and purchase of a variety of vessels in domestic and international markets.
In these roles C.J. also regularly advises on matters of Marshall Islands and Liberian corporate and maritime law.
- Advising a New York-based private equity fund marking its entrance as a ship owner on the purchase and financing of two containerships out of a German law insolvency scheme.
- Representing a large US based private equity fund in its lease financing of a fleet of oil tankers to a foreign state-owned entity.
- Acting for a US shipowner operating on the Great Lakes in connection with its financing of a new-build Jones Act qualified bulk carrier.
- 2009 – 2012 · Tulane University Law School, J.D.
- 2001 – 2005 · The George Washington University, B.B.A.