Boon Tat is a Partner in the firm’s Dispute Resolution Group.
Boon Tat is a construction and infrastructure lawyer with over 18 years of experience, and is jointly qualified in Singapore and England & Wales.
He has acted on disputes involving infrastructure projects, oil refineries, power and petrochemical plants, water treatment facilities, and commercial & residential developments in Singapore, China, Taiwan and Vietnam.
Boon Tat also advises clients on non-contentious matters in construction projects ranging from tender documentation and process, contract documentation, procurement and project risk management.
- Representing a consortium of international engineering and construction companies in a USD 400million claim in a SIAC arbitration arising out of the construction of a multi-billion USD oil refinery in Southeast Asia.
- Representing a leading Southeast Asian engineering and construction company in a SGD 46million claim against a statutory body in a SIAC arbitration arising out of a public transportation infrastructure project in Singapore.
- Representing an international contractor in the defence of a SGD 35million claim in a SIAC arbitration brought by a specialist sub-contractor arising out of the construction of an airport terminal in Singapore.
- Representing a specialist roofing contractor in a SGD 14million claim in the Singapore High Court against a supplier for breach of contract arising out of the construction of a multi-billion dollar Integrated Resort in Singapore.
- Advising main contractors involved in public infrastructure works on project risk management during the life-time of the projects.
- 2003 · National University of Singapore, LLB (Honours, 2nd Class Upper)
memberships and associations
- Law Society of Singapore and Singapore Academy of Law
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Society of Construction Law (Singapore)
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association