Anson Douglas is an associate in the Dispute Resolution group.
Anson specialises in dispute resolution. His experience includes representing and advising corporate and individual clients in matters such as shareholders’ and directors’ disputes, insolvency and contractual disputes, debt recovery, maritime litigation and matters of fraud. He is particularly experienced in international asset recovery, frequently assisting global corporations enforce their rights across borders.
Having worked on some of Hong Kong’s most high-profile investigations, Anson is also experienced in representing clients in white collar crimes and regulatory defence matters.
Anson is well versed in both Hong Kong litigation and arbitration, whether local or international. Anson has acted in arbitration matters under the ICC, SIAC, HKIAC, LMAA and ad hoc UNCITRAL rules.
Anson is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advising clients in recovering assets lost to fraud worldwide (and defending such claims), frequently obtaining/defending rapid asset freezing relief.
- Advising companies, directors and shareholders in corporate disputes, seeking relief for or defending unfair prejudice claims, breach of fiduciary duties, embezzlement claims and other shareholder disputes.
- Advising clients in local litigation and international arbitration for breach of contract claims, obtaining/defending damages and injunctive relief.
- Advising clients in seeking/defending debt recovery claims.
- Advising clients in white collar crimes and regulatory investigations.
- 2013 · PCLL, The University of Hong Kong
- 2012 · JD, The University of Hong Kong
- 2009 · BJ, The University of Hong Kong
memberships & associations
- Law Society of Hong Kong