Andrew is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution Group.
Andrew specialises in resolving complex commercial disputes, particularly through international arbitration. Andrew represents clients in a wide range of industries, but he has particular experience advising on disputes arising from international construction projects in the energy and infrastructure sectors. Having practised law in Dubai, Tokyo and Seoul, Andrew has deep experience advising on disputes with a Middle East or Asia nexus.
Andrew was previously seconded to the legal team of a top Japanese trading house. He regularly draws on his experience to provide risk management advice, including compliance with anti-bribery and ESG regimes.
Andrew graduated from the University of Cambridge and is licensed to practise law in England and Wales.
- Advising an international IWPP owner/operator in an ICC arbitration concerning claims of over a billion US$ arising from delays and defects on a Middle Eastern IWPP.
- Advising a Japanese contractor in a JCAA arbitration concerning claims of several billion US$ arising from delays and cost overruns on an African power project.
- Advising a Korean shipbuilder in LCIA arbitration proceedings concerning indemnity claims under a shipbuilding contract.
- Advising a Korean contractor in SIAC arbitration proceedings concerning termination claims on an Indian power project.
- Advising a Japanese trading company concerning LNG price review clauses under several English law governed contracts for the sale of LNG.
- 2010 · BPP Law school, LPC (Distinction)
- 2009 · University of Cambridge, MA Law
- 2008 · Université de Poitiers, Diplôme Universitaire D’Études Juridiques Françaises
Memberships & associations
- Supreme Court of England and Wales