Andrew is a Partner in the Assets & Structured Finance Group.
Andrew specialises in the offshore oil & gas and maritime sectors, where he advises on project and asset financings, leasing transactions and joint venture structures and on a wide variety of commercial oil & gas and shipping documentation, including charterparties, construction/conversion contracts, EPCI contracts, O&M contracts, PSCs/RSCs and JOAs, service agreements and asset sale and purchase contracts.
He acts for a wide variety of contractors, sponsors, owners and operators as well as financiers (international banks, private equity funds and other financial institutions) in relation to offshore production, storage and drilling assets, support vessels and other offshore oil and gas and shipping assets.
Andrew is widely recognised for his maritime and offshore oil and gas asset and project finance expertise by leading legal directories Chambers Asia Pacific and Chambers Global; being ranked band 2 in Chambers Asia Pacific Shipping: International: Finance – Singapore. In 2018 Chambers Asia Pacific described him as “responsive, commercially aware and technically strong.”
He has been based in Singapore since 2004.
- Advising SapuraEnergy Berhad on its award-winning RM16.5 billion (approximately US$5.5 billion) multi-currency group financing facility.
- Advising Petrofac and SapuraEnergy as sponsors in relation to a facility of US$300,000,000 for the re-financing of the floating production, storage and offloading facility named FPSO “Berantai”.
- Advising Golar LNG Group on a US$155 million term facility and a US$20 million revolving facility for the financing of Indonesia’s first FSRU, “Nusantara Regas Satu”.
- Advising PTSC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, (a joint venture between PetroVietnam Technical Services Corporation and Yinson Holdings Berhad) on the financing of “PTSC LAM SON”.
- Advising the lenders on a US$575 million structured credit facility to finance a project for a series of ships owned or to be owned by a major international tanker owner and operator group.
- 2000 – 2001 · The Nottingham Trent University – Diploma in Legal Practice
- 1996 – 2000 · University of Leicester – Bachelor of Laws in Law (International)
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales