Andrew is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution Group.
Andrew has experience in a broad range of commercial and financial disputes including international arbitrations, bilateral investment treaty disputes and general litigation matters with a strong focus on the shipping, aviation, mining and commodities, oil & gas and other energy sectors.
His shipping expertise encompasses shipbuilding, ship repair, MoA, charterparty, cargo, enforcement and other dry shipping disputes including in specialised sectors such as LNG and cruise. In the aviation sector, he advises on repossessions, lease redelivery, airframe and engine damage, base maintenance and insurance disputes.
Andrew’s natural resources expertise extends to commodities trading, trade finance and mining investment disputes, while his experience in the offshore oil & gas and energy sectors covers construction, drilling and service agreement disputes, as well as wider industry disputes such as judicial reviews.
He is recommended as a shipping expert by Legal 500 UK, who described him in 2019 as “very calm, thoughtful and measured, and thinks issues through to determine where particular courses of action are likely to lead’”.
- Advising Norwegian bondholders in relation to the termination of charterparties and enforcement of mortgages over offshore supply vessels.
- Representing MRI on a successful appeal to the Commercial Court and Court of Appeal in relation to an LME arbitration award on a copper concentrates contract and subsequent enforcement actions.
- Acting on behalf of administrators in relation to a claim against former administrators arising from the pre-pack sale of a polymetallic mine in South America.
- Acting for Rabobank International in relation to disputes arising out of the infamous Qingdao warehousing fraud.
- Acting for Conapro Dena BMS sal against the government of the Gambia in relation to a US$30m claim in respect of oil products.
- University of Sydney, LLB
- Tulane University, LLM – Admiralty
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- London Shipping Law Centre (LSLC)