Andreas is an Associate in the Assets & Structured Finance Group.
Andreas Papachristodoulou is a banking and finance lawyer specialising in shipping finance based in Athens.
Andreas advises on a broad range of cross-border transactions, acting for international banks and financial institutions, as well as, shipping companies.
He has extensive experience vis-à-vis the financing of both newbuilding and second-hand vessels and advising on finance documentation from plain vanilla term loan facilities to more complex and structured facilities, bonds and finance leases in respect of all types of commercial vessels.
Andreas has also gained experience in project finance and restructuring transactions.
Andreas completed his law degree at Queen Mary University of London having moved to London from Cyprus.
In 2019 he qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales having completed his training contract at a top tier global law firm in London.
He continued working in the same firm’s offices in Athens and subsequently joined WFW in September 2022.
- 2016 – 2017 · BPP University Law School, London, UK: Legal Practice Course (LPC), Fast Track (6 months)
- 2013 – 2016 · LL.B., Law Degree, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- 2007 – 2012 · The English School, Nicosia, Cyprus
- 2005 – 2007 · The GC School of Careers, Nicosia, Cyprus
memberships and associations
- 2019 · Member of the Piraeus Bar Association of Greece
- 2019 · Member of The Law Society of England and Wales