Alhassane is a Partner in the projects group in Dubai.
Alhassane specialises in international project development and financing in power, infrastructure, telecommunications, metals/mining, oil & gas and natural resources. He has extensive experience acting for sponsors, developers, project companies, equity investors and financiers, particularly in Middle East, Asia and Africa. He is admitted to bars in New York and Paris.
He is well regarded by legal directories, being described in Chambers & Partners Global Rankings as “very thorough; his strong point is the ability to explain every detail of these matters that he knows inside and out”.
Alhassane speaks French, English, Fulani, Sussu and Mandingo; and is admitted to bars in New York and Paris.
- Advising a leading power developer, as sponsor on a 50 MW Al- Husainiyah Solar PV IPP in Jordan; a 200 MW Abydos Solar IPP in Egypt and the Amunet 500 MW Wind IPP in Egypt.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders (including multilateral agencies and development financial institutions) on the financing of 8 solar PV projects in Egypt, as part of the Feed in Tariff Programme - Round 2.
- Advising a leading Middle-East based port company on its potential investments in 9 ports and logistics businesses across Africa and the Middle East.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders (including multilateral agencies and development financial institutions) on the financing of LNG facilities (FRU and FSU) in Ghana.
- 2009 · The Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania (WBLC), USA
- 2009 · University of Pennsylvania Law School, University of Pennsylvania (LL.M.), USA
- 2004 · Université Paris II Panthéon–Assas (LL.M. in Banking and Finance Law), France
- 2003 · Université Paris II Panthéon–Assas (LL.M. in International Law), France
- 2002 · Université Paris II Panthéon–Assas (LL.B. in Business Law), France
Memberships and associations
- Attorney at Law (New York)
- Avocat à la Cour (Paris)