Alankriti is an associate in the firm’s dispute resolution group.
Alankriti was admitted to the Singapore bar as an advocate and solicitor in August 2019. During her time in practice, she has acted for both Singaporean and foreign corporations in international arbitration proceedings and mediations. In addition to her familiarity with alternate dispute resolution mechanisms, Alankriti has assisted in commercial litigation matters, with a focus in shipping and maritime disputes.
Alankriti brings insight into the commodities trading industry having worked in-house for a multinational commodities trading company in Singapore for two years prior to being called to the Singapore Bar.
Alankriti also has experience in handling transactional work including due diligence exercises and general corporate advice.
- Successfully representing a publicly listed Dutch-based offshore oil and gas corporation before the Singapore Court of Appeal in a dispute arising out of formation of contract.
- Acting for a major oil trading house in Singapore Court proceedings arising from their counterparty filing for insolvency protection and judicial management in Singapore.
- Advising clients on liability and quantum issues arising out of a collision whilst one of the vessels was on sea trial.
- Facilitating arbitration proceedings arising from cargo disputes, including but not limited to demurrage and detention, cargo quantity and quality and contamination.
- Facilitating US$40m prepayment financing deal between a trading house and coal mine in Kalimantan, Indonesia.
- 2012 · University of Exeter (LL.B)
- 2010 · United World College of South East Asia (IGCSE, International Baccalaureate)
Memberships & associations
- Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore 2019
- The Law Society of Singapore
- Young Singapore International Arbitration Center (YSIAC)