Zara is a Senior Associate in the Assets and Structured Finance group.
Zara advises on asset finance and leasing transactions, with a particular focus on the aviation sector. In addition to the UK, Zara has practised in a number of jurisdictions including Germany, the UAE and Singapore. As such, she has insight into the practical, legal and cultural nuances between jurisdictions that are beneficial for advising her clients on their complex cross-border asset finance and leasing transactions.
Her aviation clients include airlines, leasing companies, funds and banks. She has advised on a wide range of aviation products including operating leases, sale and leasebacks, lease novations and amendments, finance leases, bilateral and syndicated facilities agreements and PDP financings.
Zara has completed secondments with GECAS and more recently, with the Aerospace team at Erste Group Bank AG in London, where she advised the bank on both aviation lease management and financing matters.
- Advising a bank on financing the acquisition of one B787 aircraft by a lessor on lease to Air Nostrum, Lineas Aereas del Mediterraneo.
- Advising a lessor on an operating lease transaction in favour of Icelandair ehf.
- Advising a lessor with an inter group sale and lease back in respect of a portfolio of engines on lease to various airlines.
- Advising Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA on several aircraft financing and leasing transactions.
- 2006-2007 College of Law (London), LPC
- 2003-2006 Balliol College, University of Oxford, Jurisprudence (Law), BA Hons
memberships and associations
- Law Society of England & Wales