Zachary Farley is an associate in the Dispute Resolution Group based in New York.
Zachary focuses his practice on maritime and commercial disputes.
He represents clients before global arbitral panels involving transactional and construction disputes. Zachary also advises clients on state and federal law on matters varying from bankruptcy, to ship arrest, to environmental liability, and assisting with non-contentious purchase and sale of vessels of various classes.
Prior to working in litigation, Zachary gained nearly a decade of government experience working on the inside for elected officials and on the outside partnering with governments from small municipal bodies to the federal government.
While working for an elected member of Congress, he worked on legislation and communications in a district that stretched from Manhattan’s West Side to Brooklyn’s Coney Island.
While at T-Mobile, he worked throughout the Northeastern U.S., particularly focused on New York and New Jersey, to aid regional real estate development teams in their interactions with local elected officials and provide community outreach to assist the building out a large telecommunications network infrastructure.
- Assisted matter partner with representing HSH Nordbank, the largest secured creditor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding filed by Sobelmar Shipping Inc., obtaining dismissal of the debtor’s petition.
- Assisted lead counsel with advising Oppenheim Capital Limited and other private equity investment vehicles in foreclosure of financed vessel.
- Assisted lead counsel with advising iron ore and commodities trader in dispute with purchaser.
- 2006 · University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D.
- 2003 · Columbia University, M.A.
- 2002 · New York University, B.A.
memberships & associations
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of California
- New York State Bar Association – International Section
- New York City Bar Association – Admiralty Committee