Jeong Min (JM) is a senior associate in our Finance Group.
JM specialises in asset and project finance in the Transport sector, with a primary focus on aviation. He also has a wide range of banking & finance and capital markets experience.
He advises financial institutions, airlines, asset managers, securities firms, export credit agencies, funds and lessors across a wide range of finance transactions in the aviation sector, including operating and finance leasing, debt, pre-delivery payments, engine financing, individual and portfolio sale and purchases, JOLCOs, securitisations and manufacturer support. JM also has significant experience working on capital markets transactions, including asset-backed security transactions, issuances of hybrid capital securities and equity capital increases.
JM’s broader experience includes ship finance transactions, representing major energy companies on power projects (including in the oil & gas and wind sectors) and advising private equity firms in the acquisition of various target companies.
JM is US (New York and New Jersey) qualified and speaks English, Korean, German, Chinese and Japanese.
- Advising a Korean securities firm on an equity purchase transaction in relation to an aviation leasing platform holding aircraft portfolio assets.
- Advising the Korean lender group on a four aircraft portfolio finance transaction with JOLCO structure and the related restructuring transaction with a foreign lessee.
- Advising a new Korean low cost carrier on a leasing transaction to lease three new Boeing aircraft from a US-based aircraft leasing company.
- Advising a Korean private equity firm and lender consortium in the purchase of the controlling stakes in Daesung Gas Co., Ltd. from a US investment bank as seller.
- Advising an Australian asset management firm in purchasing the controlling stakes in Incheon Bridge Co., Ltd. from a UK firm as seller.
- Mar.1996 – Feb. 2001 Korea University College of Law, Seoul, Korea, Bachelor of Law
- Aug.2006 – May 2009 Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, TN, U.S.A., J.D.
- July 2007 – China University of Political Science and Law, Beijing, China, Summer Course
- Aug.2013 – Feb. 2015 University of Michigan, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, Ann Arbor, MI, U.S.A., M.B.A
memberships and associations
- Admitted to New York Bar (U.S.A.) – 2010
- Admitted to New Jersey Bar (U.S.A.) – 2009