Youssef is an Associate in the Projects group based in Dubai.
His practice focusses on finance, corporate and commercial transactions in emerging markets, in particular in the infrastructure, energy and mining sectors. In addition, Youssef advises governments on their legislative, regulatory and institutional framework review, particularly in the energy and mining sectors. His practice also focuses on anti-corruption, AML, governance and public contracts.
He is recognised by Jeune Afrique Magazine as one of the “100 most influential lawyers in Francophone Africa” (2020) and was named Lawyer of the Year in Corporate Law by the Young Bar Association of Montreal (2021). Before joining
Youssef is a member of the Quebec Bar (Canada) and is fluent in English, French, Spanish and Moroccan Arabic.
- Advising the developer on the development, construction, operation, and financing of a 360MW multiple gas fired power project in the Republic of Benin.
- Advising the developer in its negotiation with the government regarding a partnership agreement for the design, construction, and operation of the new solar photovoltaic farm in Comoros.
- Advising a Mining company in the acquisition of a minority stake in a large Iron Ore project in Guinea and Liberia.
- Advising a Mining company in connection with the acquisition of exploitation and exploitation rights of Copper and Cobalt located in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Advising a company on a project to buy 100% shares in a company operating in the fertilizer sector in southern Africa with operations in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and Malawi.
- 2016 · Québec (Canada) Bar School
- 2015 · Bachelor of Laws (LLB)-Université du Québec à Montréal (Canada)
- 2011 · Certificate Civil Law – Université de Montréal (Canada)
- 2010 · Bachelor of Business Administration – HEC Montréal (Canada)
memberships and associations
- 2016 · Quebec Bar (Canada)