Varian Koh is a Registered Foreign Lawyer (Singapore) in the International Finance team.
He has advised major international clients on both side of the table on all aspects of banking and finance transactions such as asset, real estate, acquisition and structured financing.
Varian regularly advises clients on all aspects of ship financing, including refinancing and leasing transactions in the maritime and offshore sector. He has experience in acting for major leasing houses in their sale and leaseback transactions and leading financial institutions in their financing of such sale and leaseback transactions.
Qualified in Singapore, Varian is fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Advising a major Chinese leasing house in a US$140 million cross-border sale-and-leaseback arrangement involving 5 vessels and a major Greek ship-owner.
- Advising a Chinese leasing arm of a leading Chinese bank in a US$300 million cross-border pre-delivery and post-delivery financing arrangement involving 8 oil tankers, a major Chinese ship-owner and an oil major as time charterer.
- Advising a leading export credit agency in its secured lending to a major German ship-owner.
- 2016 Bachelor of Law, Second Class (Upper Division) National University of Singapore
Memberships and associations
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- The Law Society of Singapore