Tom is a Partner in the Tax Group.
Tom has extensive experience advising on commercial transactions and tax consultancy matters, and is routinely involved in delivering multi-disciplinary cross-border transactional tax and structuring services to his clients.
Tom is recommended as an expert tax lawyer by Who’s Who Legal and Legal 500 UK, with the latter noting in 2019 that he has “a very strong legal and tax background’ and an ability to “grasp concepts quickly”. He has also previously named one of the Tax Journal’s “40 under 40 to watch”.
- Advising OMV AG and OMV Exploration & Production GmbH, on the sale of 100% of the shares ($1bn) of OMV Limited to Siccar Point Energy Limited.
- 2004 – 2005 · Legal Practice Course, Nottingham Law School
- 2003 – 2004 · Graduate Diploma in Law, Nottingham Law School
- 2001 – 2002 · MA in Biotechnological Law and Ethics, University of Sheffield
- 1998 – 2001 · BSc (Biochemistry), University of Manchester