Tom is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in the Energy group.
Tom works with clients, including contractors, governments, developers, commercial and multi-lateral banks and DFI’s. He regularly advises on the largest power deals in SE Asia, including recently the Van Phong 1 and Nghi Son 2 BOT power projects.
He advises clients on construction and operation, project finance and development documentation. Tom has worked across a number of sectors, including transport and logistics, social infrastructure, coal, domestic gas, LNG to power, solar and wind.
Tom has advised several governments on the development of energy and infrastructure projects, and has worked with developers and financiers, including, Sumitomo, Marubeni, ACWA Power, Taekwang Power the IFC and World Bank, Infraco and Guarantco, and the Asian Development Bank.
Tom has worked on power and infrastructure deals in in emerging and frontier economies in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. He has published several articles on emerging markets infrastructure, and spoken on the topic at conferences.
- Advising a government ministry in Vietnam on the development of BOT projects: Van Phong 1 Coal Fired, Nigh Son 2, Vinh Tan 3 and Vong An 2.
- Advising ACWA Power and Taekwang Power on the development of the Nam Dinh BOT Project in Vietnam.
- Advising a Singapore based infrastructure development and investment company on its investment Ninh Tuan solar project in Vietnam.
- Advising the World Bank on the development of an LNG to Power strategy for Vietnam.
- The work includes a series of recommendations on the preferred legal and regulatory environment and contractual structures for LNG to Power projects.
- 2010 · College of Law, Legal practice course (Distinction)
- 2009 · University of Warwick, BA Law and Business
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Law Society of Hong Kong