Titus is a Partner in the Projects Group.
His practice focusses on finance, corporate and commercial transactions in emerging markets, in particular in the infrastructure, energy and natural resources sectors. Titus acts for clients across the supply chain in these areas, and has extensive experience representing project sponsors, lenders (DFIs, commercial banks and ECAs), and governments or state agencies.
Titus is particularly well known for his work advising on Africa-related transactions, both in civil and common law jurisdictions, where he has advised on several projects and financing transactions across the continent.
He is recognised as a leading lawyer for Africa-wide projects and energy expertise by legal directories Chambers Global and IFLR 1000, the former of which noted in 2019 that he is “a respected practitioner who knows a lot about the continent and doing deals”.
Titus is qualified to practice law in New York, Cameroon and England and Wales.
- Advising the lenders in connection with the financing for the construction of the 340 MW Kpone combined cycle power plant in Ghana (Ghana’s first IPP).
- Advising the sponsors in connection with the development of a 50 MW solar power project in Tororo, Uganda.
- Advising the lenders on the financing of the expansion of the Owendo port in Gabon.
- Advising an oil major on the divestment of its upstream assets in Cameroon.
- Advising a consortium of lenders in connection with the financing of the Tenke Fungurume copper and cobalt mining and refinery project in Democratic Republic of the Congo.
memberships and associations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- New York Bar
- Cameroon Bar