Timothy is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution group.
Timothy has broad experience in commercial litigation and international arbitration, with a focus on disputes in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors.
Prior to joining the firm, he worked at a leading international firm in Perth and in Hong Kong.
Timothy is admitted as a barrister and solicitor in Western Australia.
- • Advising a PRC state-owned oil and gas company in a multi-billion dollar fraud claim against its joint venture partner in a SIAC arbitration.
- • Advising a major infrastructure provider in a confidential ad-hoc arbitration in relation to rail access terms and conditions.
- • Acting for a PRC state-owned mining company in litigation in relation to iron ore mining operations in Western Australia.
- • Representing a Swiss company in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings in Singapore concerning the termination of a coal supply contract.
- • Acting for a global mining company in judicial review proceedings in relation to gas pipeline access charges.
2018-2019 – University College London, LLM (Distinction)
2006-2012 – University of Western Australia, LLB (Distinction); BA in Political Science
2009 – University of Melbourne, BA (Hons) in Political Science
memberships & associations
High Court of Australia