Thomas is an Associate in the dispute resolution team based in Dubai.
He specialises in commercial dispute resolution, with experience in commercial litigation and various arbitration forums (e.g. LMAA, LCIA).
He has particular experience in the maritime sector, advising banks and shipowners on contentious matters involving charterparties, guarantees and finance documents as well as offshore construction companies in respect of various disputes.
Thomas has substantial experience of working on international matters and is a fluent Dutch, German and French speaker. Prior to moving to our Dubai office, Thomas previously worked in the London office.
- Advising a syndicate of Banks in LCIA arbitration proceedings against defaulting borrowers/guarantors.
- Acting for an international company in London High Court proceedings concerning a dispute under a JV for a construction project.
- Advising turnkey operator in High Court proceedings against an offshore construction company in respect of a balance of account dispute arising out of the construction of a Soft Yoke Mooring System.
- Providing major shipping company/cruise operator with ongoing advice in respect of their newbuild programme.
- Assisting bondholders in the arrest and judicial sale of several offshore supply vessels within the context of a restructuring of the issued bonds.
- 2010 – 2011 · Kaplan Law School, LPC
- 2009 – 2010 · City Law School, GDL
- 2006 – 2009 · London School of Economics, International History (BA)
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales