Tom is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution Group.
Tom is an experienced litigator who has handled many complex multi-party and multi-jurisdictional disputes.
He has extensive experience in domestic and international banking, financial services and structured finance litigation, including acting for servicers, special servicers, trustees and issuers.
Tom also advises financial institutions on litigation strategy in the context of defaults and restructurings, fund and asset management and pensions litigation, as well as advising in relation to competition/antitrust litigation and aviation disputes.
Tom is recommended for his banking litigation expertise by legal directory Legal 500 UK.
- Acting for Polar Air in relation to the Air Cargo Cartel proceedings in the Commercial Court, England (Emerald Supplies Ltd and others v British Airways Plc).
- Acting for a broker and NOMAD in relation to its dealings with the FCA, the SFO and anticipated civil litigation.
- Acting for a large private equity fund in relation to a dispute regarding a real estate investment and breach of an exclusivity clause.
- Advising the seller of a car park business in relation to the non-payment of sums due under an SPA, including two sets of court proceedings and a related expert determination.
- Acting for a servicer in a dispute involving an issuer and “B lender” and concerning a complex structured product and the associated payment waterfalls and rights of the parties.
- 1994 – 1995 · Chester College of Law, Legal Practice Course, Commendation
- 1990 – 1994 · Pembroke College, University of Oxford, BA in Jurisprudence
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales