Suhail is a Partner in the CORPORATE AND M&A GROUP.
Suhail’s practice focusses on corporate and commercial transactions including M&A, private equity and corporate structuring/re-organisations. He also advises on anti-bribery, regulatory compliance, corporate governance and employment matters, representing multi-national corporations, local family groups, regional and international investment funds and ultra-high net worth individuals across all sectors.
Suhail is experienced in infrastructure projects in the GCC region advising government authorities, off-takers, sponsors and lenders on PPP transactions in the energy and utilities sectors. His extensive experience of cross-border transactions in the GCC, has allowed him to acquire an excellent understanding of the nuances of closing transactions across the region.
He is recommended as an expert UAE-based lawyer by legal directories Legal 500 EMEA and IFLR 1000.
- Advising the Federal Electricity and Water Authority on the procurement of a new build water desalination plant (with capital expenditure of USD 300m) in the Emirate of Umm Al Quwain (on an IWP basis).
- Advising Carnival Corporation on its participation as port operator in a multi-billion US dollar development for a new cruise liner terminal in the UAE.
- Advising Saudi Arabia’s Zahid Group on its acquisition of a 50% stake in Greencells Group (one of Europe’s largest solar plant developers and operators).
- Advising True North Partners on all GCC aspects of a transaction in which they committed to invest US$200 million of funds into healthcare sector company, KIMS Group.
- Advising Emirates NBD on its investment in a UAE payment clearing platform as majority investor along with other Middle Eastern banks.
- 1998 · Nottingham Law School, LPC
- 1997 · University of Birmingham, LLB (Hons)
memberships & associations
- Dubai Legal Affairs Department
- 2015 · The Law Society, England & Wales