Stephanie Garner is a Senior associate in the firm’s Dispute Resolution Group.
Stephanie focuses on high value, complex international commercial arbitrations predominantly in the oil & gas, shipping and insurance markets.
She has experience of dispute resolution in a number of jurisdictions including England & Wales, Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia.
Stephanie joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 2010 and has been a member of the Dispute Resolution Group in Bangkok since qualifying in 2012.
- Acting for the subsidiary of a major Thai public company regarding disputes from investments in the Indonesian palm oil sector. The disputes included allegations of fraud and corruption
- Advising shipowners/operators following the insolvency of the OWB Group, in connection with the supply of bunkers. The physical suppliers sought to pursue claims in different jurisdictions against the relevant vessels.
- Successfully defending a Thai petroleum company in 21 consolidated London arbitrations (exceeding US$500m) involving breaches of confidence, infringement of IP rights and trade secrets, and breaches of contracts of exclusivity.
- Advising on behalf of a Thai insurer in relation to claims under a civil works contract following the collapse of a pipeline being laid using sub-surface horizontal directional drilling.
- Advising a Thai rice exporter on a variety of disputes including various liability claims for demurrage and detention and L/C payment issues arising from the Yemini civil conflict.
- 2012: LLB College of Law
- 2010: Oxford, DPhil
- 2006: Oxford, BPhil
- 2004: LSE MSC
- 2003: UCL BA
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of England & Wales