Siyue is an Associate in the Asset Finance group.
Siyue focuses on shipping finance matters and advises financial institutions and ship owners on a range of cross-border transactions, including ship financing, ship sale and purchase and vessel registration.
He speaks English, Mandarin and Shanghainese.
He has an LL.M degree specialising in Maritime Law from National University of Singapore.
Prior to joining the firm, Siyue worked at another law firm in the Maritime and Aviation practice group.
- Advising various lenders in relation to the restructure and de-merger of the SK Shipping group, involving a total of 35 loan facilities, 45 borrowers and more than 40 vessels.
- Advising two European banks in relation to a transaction involving the refinancing of 4 VLOCs and financing of 3 newbuild dry bulk carriers.
- Advising a major Chinese state-owned enterprise on loan transfer issues following insurance claims paid out by the client under an overseas leasing insurance policy in respect of a shipping loan.
- Acting for an international Australian bank in respect of the Sinosure backed financing of isotanks for a Chinese chemical conglomerate.
- 2012 – 2013 · National University of Singapore: LL.M (Maritime Law)
- 2008 – 2012 · Shanghai Maritime University: LL.B (Maritime Law)
- 2009 – 2011 · Fudan University, Shanghai: Finance (Minor)