Simon is an Associate in the corporate group, based in Dubai.
Simon practices general corporate law and specialises in M&A (including cross-border) transactions, group reorganisations, joint ventures, corporate finance and related commercial transactions.
He regularly advises government entities, corporates and private equity funds on both regional and cross-border transactions.
He has multi-sector experience, with recent transactional experience including renewable energy and infrastructure sector projects.
He has also been recognised as a notable practitioner by ILFR1000 for Corporate and M&A.
Before relocating to the Dubai office, Simon worked in the London corporate team.
- Saudi Arabia’s Zahid Group on its acquisition of a 50% stake in Greencells Group (one of Europe’s largest solar plant developers and operators).
- An off-shore family-owned management group on the sale of a c. AED 750 million commercial/residential real estate construction project to a Dubai-based investment and corporate finance firm.
- Canadian Solar on its sale of a 142 MW solar PV portfolio with an enterprise value of c. £191.2m to Greencoat Solar Assets II Ltd, a fund managed by Greencoat Capital.
- Lightsource Renewable Energy on its agreement to enter into a partnership platform with UK Climate Investments to fund the development, acquisition and ownership of solar power generation assets in India.
- UK based renewable energy investor/developer, Blue Energy in connection with the disposal of a portfolio of windfarms with a total capacity of 149 MW to funds managed by Octopus Investments.
- 2008 – 2010 · College of Law, Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (GDL and LPC)
- 2004 – 2007 · Loughborough University, Politics and Human Geography (BA Hons)
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales