Shawn is a Partner in the Finance Group.
He has a wide range of cross-border finance experience, in particular project finance for renewables projects, ship finance and the financing of offshore oil and gas production assets, Islamic finance, acquisition finance and general bilateral and syndicated corporate lending.
Shawn also has substantial experience with ECA financing (particularly Sinosure-backed facilities), receivables finance and debt restructuring.
He is recommended as a leading lawyer in Singapore for projects and energy expertise by legal directory Legal 500 Asia Pacific, most recently in 2019.
Shawn is dual-qualified as a solicitor of England and Wales and an advocate & solicitor of Singapore.
- Advising Golar LNG Energy as borrower in relation to the project financing of the FSRU “Nusantara Regas Satu”, South East Asia’s first FSRU and Project Finance Deal of the Year (Marine Money Offshore).
- Acting for SapuraKencana in connection with a US$2.3bn equivalent multi-currency commodity murabaha facility and a subsequent US$2.1bn equivalent multi-currency commodity murabaha facility.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks led by The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ as agent and UniCredit Bank as security trustee in relation to a US$479,557,744 term facility (Marine Money Bank Debt Deal of the Year (East)).
- 2010 National University of Singapore – Part A Singapore Bar Course
- 2001-2002 Oxford Institute of Legal Practice – City Legal Practice Course
- 2000-2001 Inns of Court School of law – Bar Vocational Course
- 1997-2000 University of Bristol – Bachelor of Laws
memberships & associations
- Law society of Singapore
- Law society of England and Wales
- Lincolns Inn