Ryan is a partner in the London Projects Group.
Ryan has extensive experience advising on the development, acquisition and project financing of assets across the energy and infrastructure sectors globally. He regularly advises sponsors, funders, asset managers and funds with respect to energy and infrastructure debt (including leveraged and acquisition finance) and its subsequent refinancing.
Ryan also has significant experience acting for sponsors, funders and Export Credit Agencies on transactions benefitting from export credit support.
Ryan has practised in London and Moscow.
- Advising the lenders and institutional investors in relation to the financing of the D4 Highway project in the Czech Republic.
- Advising the sponsors and operating company on the financing for the rollout of a fibre to the home (FTTH) network in Europe.
- Advising the lenders and institutional investors on an acquisition financing of Medipass srl, a European healthcare infrastructure business.
- Advising the financiers on the acquisition of HS1, the UK’s first high speed railway.
- Advising various lenders and UK Export Finance (UKEF) with respect to various UKEF covered financings, including under the UK Government’s Export Development Guarantee.
- 2009 – 2010 · College of Law, LPC
- 2005 – 2009 · University of Durham, Law with European Legal Studies (including one year at the Leibniz University Hannover, Germany)
memberships and associations
- Law Society of England & Wales