Rod is a Senior Associate in the finance group.
He has a broad background in all key aspects of banking & finance, including syndicated and corporate lending; acquisition/leveraged finance; project finance; and real estate finance.
Rod has practised in London, Madrid, Barcelona, Vientiane (Laos) and Ho Chi Minh City and has significant in-house secondment experience with banks, such as BNP Paribas and Lloyds in London, and the power generation industry, with Électricité de France in Vientiane, Laos.
Before joining the firm, Rod initially trained and worked for a magic circle firm in London and Barcelona and more recently he led and developed the Ho Chi Minh legal practice for one of the Big Four accounting firms.
Rod is a native English speaker and is fluent in Spanish and French.
- Acting for a joint venture owned by a Spanish energy company and a Dutch tank storage company in the acquisition of an LNG storage and regasification terminal in Altamira, Mexico.
- Advising an independent UK oil company on an amendment and restatement to its charter of an FPSO used for the production of crude oil following a refinancing by the charterer of the FPSO.
- 1998-1999 · College of Law, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- 1993-1997 · University of Bristol, LLB, including one year at the Université de Fribourg, Switzerland (1995-1996) as part of the European Union’s Erasmus Programme.
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of England and Wales