Robert is an Associate in the Asset & Structured Finance group.
Robert advises banks, financial institutions, owners and operators on all aspects of loan and security documentation within the maritime and aviation sectors. He also advises buyers and sellers on sale and purchase transactions.
Robert also has diverse experience advising on finance more generally, including leveraged / acquisition finance, project finance and emerging markets (and corresponding LMA documents). He has previously worked as a lawyer in Sultanate of Oman.
Robert has received a number of recommendations by clients in legal directory Legal 500 who have said he “is very professional, attentive, responsive, and solution-oriented”, “very communicative, pays attention to details and always available for a call/clarifications, he was keen to understand the financial aspects of the financing transaction which was interesting” and “he gives sound advice and is able to resolve problems in transactions with ease. At the beginning I thought he was a senior associate, so I do think he has real potential. I think he is ‘one to watch’”.
- Acting for sellers in relation to the sale of approx. $20,000,000 containership for a large ship owner listed on Guernsey’s stock exchange.
- Acting for buyers in relation to the purchase of an approx. $4,000,000 car carrier for a shipping and logistics company based in South America.
- Acting for lenders in relation to the amendment to an existing $110,000,000 facility agreement, release of related security interests and taking of new security over five vessels involving four jurisdictions.
- Acting for existing lenders in relation to the prepayment of approx. US$12,700,000 of loans by a Greek shipowner to a New York based finance house in respect of a Bahamian registered vessel.
- Advising on Renaissance Duqm Accommodation Company SAOC's in aggregate +70,000,000 Omani Rials (approx. equivalent to £140,000,000) debt funding for the expansion of Renaissance Village Duqm. The expansion increases the capacity of the accommodation complex to +23,000 beds, forming part of the development of Duqm's economic area - a strategic goal for the Sultanate of Oman.
- 2012 – 2013 · Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (LPC)
- 2010 – 2011 · College of Law, London (GDL)
- 2006 – 2009 · University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne (BA)
- 2001 – 2006 · St Edward’s School, Oxford
Memberships and AssocIATIONS
- Law Society of England and Wales