Patrick Miller is an associate in the firm’s Dispute Resolution Group focusing on international commercial arbitration.
He has experience working on several large matters arising under investment treaties and contractual arbitration clauses. He has worked in a variety of industry sectors, including oil & gas, manufacturing and petrochemicals.
Patrick joined Watson Farley & Williams as an associate in 2012. He has been admitted to the State Bars of Florida and California.
- Advising an oil & gas company claimant in a breach of contract dispute in relation to a Share Purchase Agreement for a natural gas commercialisation project in Vietnam.
- Advising an oil & gas exploration company claimant in a SIAC arbitration against an oil major for breach of contract in relation to an exploration project in the Sulu Sea, Philippines.
- Advising a Thai manufacturer claimant in a HKIAC arbitration for breach of contract arising out of a tri-partite contract for the supply of manufacturing equipment produced in China.
- Advising a publicly listed Thai petrochemical refinery defendant in an ad hoc London arbitration brought under 21 references with claims exceeding US$500m for breach of various exclusivity obligations.
- Advising an international airline in multiple disputes involving, among others, US, UK and Thai law claims for breach of contract; one dispute resulted in the successful settlement of all claims.
- 2010: University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL (USA) – Juris Doctor, cum laude
- 2006: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (USA) – Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Memberships and associations
- 2014: Admitted to the State Bar of California
- 2010: Admitted to the State Bar of Florida