Passanan is an associate in the firm’s corporate group.
Passanan has extensive experience in capital markets, which includes the listing of securities on the SET and the mai (IPOs), offer and sale of securities and debt instruments, cross-border offering of securities, REITs and property funds, securities and digital asset businesses and listing rules compliance.
Aside from capital markets, he also advises clients on large scale mergers and acquisitions, legal due diligence, joint venture transactions, banking and finance, commercial agreements and general corporate matters.
Passanan graduated from the Faculty of Law, Thammasat University in 2008 and he joined Watson Farley & Williams in 2021.
- Advising and assisting 18 clients in various industries to successfully list their securities on the SET and the mai in their IPO projects.
- Advising one of the largest privately-owned banks in Taiwan in the acquisition/subscription of 35% of the total shares by means of Private Placement in a Thai company listed on the SET, which is a parent company of a financial business group (its subsidiaries include a commercial bank, securities company, fund management company and investment advisory company). The value of the transaction was THB16.6bn.
- Advising a global EPC firm in concluding construction and project management service agreements with one of Thailand’s largest oil refiners for its clean fuels refinery expansion in Sri Racha, Thailand.
- Advising a Japanese automobile company in the global acquisition of a truck business from a Swedish automobile company. Our legal assistance included legal due diligence, preparation of transactional documents and assistance in closing.
- Advising a Hong Kong manufacturer of telecommunication cables and wires in their proposed listing on the Growth Enterprise Market of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. We assisted the client in the restructuring of its Thai subsidiary to meet the listing requirements of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, completion of due diligence on its Thai subsidiary, preparation of a legal opinion and provision of a summary of Thai laws to be published in the prospectus.
2008 Thammasat University, LL.B.
memberships & associations
2008: Extraordinary membership of Thai Bar Association
2009: Lawyers Council of Thailand