Opeyemi is a senior associate in the firm’s Energy and Infrastructure group in London.
She has experience representing both sponsors and lenders in the financing of infrastructure, mining and metals, and oil and gas assets and projects. Opeyemi also has experience advising creditors and debtors on cross-border restructurings, insurance reconstruction and insolvencies, contentious and non-contentious insolvencies.
Opeyemi is dual qualified to practice law in England & Wales and in Nigeria.
- Advised a sponsor on the sponsor covered syndicated facilities in connection with the $20 billion Ichthys LNG financing sponsored by Inpex Corporation and Total SA.
- Advised a syndicate of Nigerian and international banks led by Standard Chartered on a US$1.5bn pre-export financing backed by forward sale of NNPC crude oil.
- Advised the lead arrangers and agents in connection with the US$1.8 billion financing of four ultra deep-water drill ships flagged in Liberia owned by subsidiaries of Pacific Drilling Limited and operated in Nigeria and Brazil, amongst other jurisdictions.
- Advised the mandated lead arranger and the lenders in connection with the up to US$500m financing for the development of Phase 1 of the Tonkolili Iron Ore Project in Sierra Leone and the development of associated infrastructure.
- Advised the Federal Ministry of Finance of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the structuring and creation of the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority.
- 2003 Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, Diploma in Legal Practice
- 2001 London School of Economics, LLB Law
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of England & Wales 2005
- Nigerian Bar Association 2015