Oliver Acland is an Associate in the Upstream Finance team.
He works closely on various types of financing transactions, including borrowing base and structured financings, particularly in relation to the natural resources sector.
Oliver has worked in the firm’s London, Paris and Singapore offices and gained valuable experience in other departments including asset finance, corporate and litigation. He also completed a secondment to OakNorth Bank, a growing challenger bank based in London, where he worked with the lending directors and credit team as part of the bank’s in-house legal team.
- Advising a syndicate of banks consisting of DNB, ING, BNP Paribas, Citi and BMO as lenders on all intercreditor aspects of the US$1.5bn RBL facility to Chrysaor for the acquisition of a portfolio of UK North Sea assets from Shell.
- Advising a syndicate of banks consisting of BNP Paribas as Agent (and a syndicate of lenders including, among others, BNP Paribas, DNB, CBA, ING, Wells Fargo and RBS) on the refinancing of the US$250m RBL facility and NOK1bn exploration facility for Faroe Petroleum.
- Advising FBN Bank (UK) on the refinancing of its facility to Petroli Energy Ltd in respect of an LC facility for petroleum products in Nigeria.
- Advising BNP Paribas on the provision of an uncommitted secured steel storage and distribution borrowing base facility in favour of Bemaco Steel Limited, a leading manufacturer, and importer into the UK and Ireland, of steel products.
- Advising a multilateral bank on the refinancing of its letter of credit facility provided to Windmill (Private) Limited in relation to its import and trading of fertiliser and raw materials in Zimbabwe.
- 2015 LPC, BPP Law School
- 2010 LLM – International Banking & Finance Law, University College London, University of London
- 2009 LLB (Hons), Law – University College London, University of London