Nicola is a Partner in the Asset Finance Group.
Nicola’s practice focuses on shipping and aviation finance, with particular emphasis on the offshore and cruise sectors.
Her work has a strong cross-border element and includes sale and purchase, commercial (EPC/EPCI) and building contracts, leasing and finance documents, shareholder and joint venture arrangements, vessel financing and general commercial contracts related to vessels.
- Advised Viking Cruises on the €500 million financing of two new ocean cruise vessels constructed by Fincantieri in Italy.
- Advised CHC Helicopter on an operating lease facility of up to US$202m with Milestone Aviation.
- Advised Viking Cruises on the €634m financing of two further cruise vessels to be chartered to Viking by a Chinese leasing company.
- Advised a consortium of SBM, NYK, Queiroz Galvao and Mitsubishi on the shareholder agreements related to the FPSOs Marica and Saquarema chartered to Petrobras in Brazil, and assisted with the subsequent financing arrangements.
- Advised a consortium comprised of SBM, Queiroz Galvao and Mitsubishi on the shareholder arrangements related to the FPSO Cidade Ilhabela chartered to Petrobras, and its subsequent financing by a syndicate of banks led by ING.
- 1979 – 1980 · Paralegal – Liskow & Lewis (New Orleans)
- 1975 – 1978 · Sussex University, BA Hons in Law and American Studies
- 1979 · College of Law, Solicitors Finals
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales