Nick is a Partner in the Energy Group.
He has over 20 years’ experience advising clients on corporate M&A and commercial matters.
Nick has particular experience advising on cross-border and emerging market transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors with a main focus on oil and gas transactions. These include acquisitions, disposals, corporate restructurings and joint ventures in Asia, Europe, Russia and the CIS, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East, Australasia, and throughout the value chain.
Nick has also advised clients on a wide range of M&A transactions in other sectors including mining, technology, financial institutions and commodities.
He has lived and worked in Auckland, Dubai, London, Moscow and is now based in Singapore.
- Coro Energy plc on its acquisition of a 15% participating interest in the Dyung PSC in the West Natuna Sea, Indonesia
- Advising a Singapore/UK renewable energy development group on its proposed development of a 2.4 GW offshore wind project in Vietnam.
- Advising a state oil company on the final investment decision for the expansion of the Shah Deniz field and related southern corridor gas pipeline.
- A Russian national gas company on the proposed restructuring of Barents Sea gas condensate project and development of a related LNG facility, including extensive negotiations with two international oil companies.
- An Australian infrastructure investment bank on its acquisition of a majority stake in a renewable energy development company with operations in South East Asia.
- 1992-1996 ·University of Canterbury, New Zealand, LLB
- 1992-1996 ·University of Canterbury, New Zealand, B.A., (History and Classical History)