Nick is a Partner in the Energy and corporate groups.
He advises clients on corporate M&A and commercial matters in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Nick has particular experience advising on cross-border and emerging market transactions with a main focus on oil and gas and power transactions. These include acquisitions, disposals, corporate restructurings and joint ventures in Asia, Europe, Russia and the CIS, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East and Australasia.
Nick has also advised clients on a wide range of M&A transactions in other sectors including mining, technology, financial institutions and commodities.
He has lived and worked in Auckland, Dubai, London and Moscow. Since 2014 Nick has been based in Singapore.
- Coro Energy plc on its acquisition of a 15% participating interest in the Dyung PSC in the West Natuna Sea, Indonesia.
- Advising a Singapore/UK renewable energy development group on its proposed development of a 2.4 GW offshore wind project in Vietnam.
- Advising a state oil company on the final investment decision for the expansion of the Shah Deniz field and related Southern Corridor gas pipeline.
- A Russian national gas company on the proposed restructuring of Barents Sea gas condensate project and development of a related LNG facility, including extensive negotiations with two international oil companies.
- An Australian infrastructure investment bank on its acquisition of a majority stake in a renewable energy development company with operations in South East Asia.
- 1992-1996 ·University of Canterbury, New Zealand, LLB
- 1992-1996 ·University of Canterbury, New Zealand, B.A., (History and Classical History)
Memberships and associations
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand (non-practising)
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiations (AIPN)