Michael is a Partner in the Real Estate Group.
Michael has extensive experience representing institutional investors and private equity clients in real estate transactions involving numerous asset classes, including raw land, retail, industrial, office, assisted living, hotel, multi-family and townhome.
He represents clients on real estate acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, development, equity and debt financing (including senior, subordinate and mezzanine), leasing and management. He also has experience in corporate retention incentive transactions and tax exempt bond financing.
Michael’s clients have included J.P. Morgan Investment Management Inc., Milstein Properties, Broadridge Investor Communications Solutions, New York Law School, The Allen Stevenson School, Parsons & Whittemore and Goldman Sachs.
- Advising a leading global asset manager in a US$2.5bn recapitalization of trophy real estate assets.
- Advising a real estate investment trust in an US$800m first mortgage financing secured by the fee interest in a Class A office building complex in Los Angeles, CA.
- Advising a premiere New York real estate developer in its ground lease from NYC Educational Construction Fund of a site for the development of mixed use condominium project (retail, multi-family and residential).
- Advising a leading global asset manager in US$500+m sale of 11 assisted living facilities located in multiple states.
- Advising an international pulp mill company in the approximately US$570m sale of pulp and chip mills and related facilities in Alabama.
- 2000 · Taxation, New York University School of Law, LL.M.
- 1998 · New York University School of Law – cum laude, JD
- 1990 · University of Maryland, B.A.
memberships and associations
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)