Michael is Head of the Real Estate group in the firm’s New York office.
Michael represents developers, investors, financial institutions, landlords and tenants in the acquisition, sale, financing (including loan workouts and debt restructurings), construction, development and leasing of commercial real estate.
His experience spans the full spectrum of real estate assets from retail, office, industrial, hotels and leisure to residential and mixed-use in all types of transactions. He has particular expertise in advising on complex, multi-faceted real estate matters and has structured, negotiated and closed billions of dollars in complex real estate transactions.
Michael provides practical, end-to-end legal representation, adding particular value through his commercial approach and focus on achieving tax or other cost reductions.
- A global Fortune 100 insurance company in the joint venture acquisition, financing and development of multiple office, multi-family and retail projects throughout the United States, including in New, York, New York; San Diego, California; Boca Raton, Florida; Huntersville, North Carolina; Houston, Texas; Nashville, Tennessee; and Seattle, Washington.
- A large New York real estate company in the sale and financing of various hotels in New York City.
- A global Fortune 500 insurance company in the joint venture acquisition, financing and development of a 269-unit multifamily project in Atlanta, Georgia.
- A global Fortune 500 insurance company in the joint venture acquisition and financing of a 290-unit multifamily project in the Los Angeles, California area.
- A large New York developer in the sale of an assemblage of several development properties on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- 1993 · Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- 1990 · Boston University, B.S.B.A.