MEHRAAB IS A PARTNER IN THE ASSETS & STRUCTURED FINANCE GROUP.
Mehraab specialises in complex cross-border finance transactions with a particular focus on the transportation and energy sectors.
His transport sector expertise covers maritime (ships, offshore assets, containers), rail and aviation. Mehraab has acted for banks, lessors, borrowers, lessees, manufacturers and ECAs across a broad spectrum of deals including debt financing, operating leasing, synthetic leasing, tax based leasing, manufacturer support, securitisations and export credit supported transactions.
Mehraab is recognised for his sector-spanning asset finance expertise by legal directories Chambers Asia Pacific, Chambers Global, Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. He is ranked as a ‘Recommended Lawyer’ in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 under Singapore: Asset Finance: Foreign Firms and Singapore: Banking & Finance: Foreign firms. In 2020, Legal 500 reported a client as noting that he is “solution-driven, highly efficient, pro-active, always available” and Chambers reported in 2019 that “it is always tough to do cross-border deals, but there has never been a situation where he couldn’t find a solution, without compromising our position”.
- Acting for the lenders on a JOLCO financing of a Boeing B777 aircraft.
- Advising DVB Group and China Development Bank, as co-lenders financing the acquisition, in relation to a US$358.6 million sale and lease back transaction of a portfolio of maritime containers for China Shipping Container Lines and CDB Leasing.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders on the acquisition by a JV company of shares in an FPSO owner and the refinancing of the FPSO, operating offshore Vietnam.
- 1991 – 1994 · University of Exeter, LLB
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales