Mehraab is a Partner in the Assets & Structured Finance Group.
Mehraab specialises in asset and project finance with a particular focus on the transportation and offshore oil & gas sectors.
His transport sector expertise covers maritime (ships, offshore assets, containers) and aviation (acting for financiers and leasing companies on JOLCOs and other structured transactions).
Mehraab is recognised for his sector-spanning asset finance expertise by legal directories Chambers Asia Pacific, Chambers Global, Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. In 2019, Chambers reported a client as noting that he is “extremely good, responsive, organised and particularly pragmatic” and that “it is always tough to do cross-border deals, but there has never been a situation where he couldn’t find a solution, without compromising our position”.
- Acting for the lenders on a JOLCO financing of a Boeing B777 aircraft.
- Advising DVB Group and China Development Bank, as co-lenders financing the acquisition, in relation to a US$358.6 million sale and lease back transaction of a portfolio of maritime containers for China Shipping Container Lines and CDB Leasing.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders on the acquisition by a JV company of shares in an FPSO owner and the refinancing of the FPSO, operating offshore Vietnam.
- Advising the lenders on a US$400 million JOLCO financing in respect of four container ships.
- 1991 – 1994 · University of Exeter, LLB
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales