Mark Wolfson is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in the Firm’s Asset Finance Group.
Both as a private practice lawyer and as in-house counsel (on secondment at a market-leading fixed wing aircraft lessor and as counsel to the then-largest independent rotorcraft lessor), Mark has acted on numerous region-first leasing transactions, single asset and portfolio financings, distressed situations (involving both lessees and borrowers), ECA-supported aircraft and vessel financings, and a full portfolio sale of helicopter assets in the context of a Chapter 11 process.
- Acted as in-house counsel to seller on the disposal of a portfolio comprising 123 helicopters with concurrent lease transfers to buyer as part of Waypoint Leasing’s Chapter 11 process.
- Acted as in-house counsel to the lessor on the operating lease and financing of three new Leonardo AW169 helicopters to Emerald Pacific in Taiwan, a region first for helicopter operating leasing.
- Acted for lender group on a European ECA project financing of three pipe-laying support vessels for chartering to and operation in South America.
- Acted for the arranger on the structured operating lease financing of three Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on lease to a Middle Eastern airline.
- 2006-2009 Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge
- 2011-2012 College of Law, London
memberships and associations
- Solicitor (England & Wales) 2014 qualification