Maria Bun is an associate in the Assets and Structured Finance Group.
Maria’s practice focuses on banking and asset finance in the aviation sector. She works with lenders, lessors, airlines, export credit agencies and manufacturers on multi-jurisdictional aircraft transactions.
Maria specialises in structured finance, export credit financing, sale and purchase of aircraft assets and portfolios, operating lease and finance lease structures, sale and leaseback, JOLCOs, novations, subleasing and wet-leasing, restructuring, repossession, redelivery and remarketing. Maria has also assisted on contentious matters referred to mediation and arbitration under SIAC and SCMA Rules.
Maria is qualified in New York and speaks English, French, Romanian and Spanish. Prior to joining WFW in 2020, Maria trained at an international law firm and worked as in-house counsel for an aviation leasing company.
- Advised a consortium of investors on the New York law aspects of emergency bridge financing for an aircraft portfolio affected by Covid-19.
- Assisting with the repossession, refinancing and remarketing of one narrowbody aircraft operating in Europe in the context of an airline insolvency.
- Advising various flag carrier airlines on contentious aircraft and engine redelivery disputes referred to arbitration.
- 2014 – 2017 LL.B / B.C.L, McGill University
- 2011 – 2014 B.A. (History & International Relations), SciencesPo Paris
Memberships and Associations
- New York Bar
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators