Luke is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution group.
Luke specialises in commercial disputes and international arbitration, with a variety of experience in construction, energy, real estate and transport disputes as well as general commercial litigation.
Luke joined Watson Farley & Williams as a trainee in 2019 and qualified in 2021. He has worked in the firm’s London and Bangkok offices.
- Successfully acting for a Spanish renewable energy EPC contractor in a TCC claim concerning a termination dispute with the EPC sub-contractor of a biomass fired energy plant.
- Acting for one of the UK’s largest pension funds including litigation to recover rent arrears, negotiating and documenting bespoke concession deals, and representing the fund in company voluntary arrangements and other restructuring and insolvency processes.
- Acting for commodity traders against a bank in a c.US$500m financial dispute before the HKIAC.
- Advising lessors and contractors in relation to airline rehabilitation proceedings, leasing disputes and repossessions. Some disputes ongoing, some successful settlements.
- Acting for the landlord of landmark central London residences in contested right-to-manage proceedings. The case has been heard by the Court of Appeal as it has potentially longstanding implications for the rights of residential long leaseholders.
- 2018 – 2019 · Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- 2014 – 2017 · LLB Law, University of Nottingham
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of England and Wales