Lothar is a Managing Partner of the firm.
Lothar has been Managing Partner of the firm, alongside Chris Lowe, since 2014.
Before taking up his role, Lothar was head of the firm’s offices in Germany.
Lothar has been with the firm since 2006 and specialises in advising on the tax aspects of M&A, private equity, real estate and closed-end fund transactions.
- Advising PNE WIND AG on the €157m sale of Gode Wind I, II and III, one of the largest offshore wind farm M&A transactions in Germany so far.
- Advising management shareholders of Scholz & Friends AG in connection with the sale of Commarco GmbH to WPP.
- Advising Parcom Deutsche Private Equity on its acquisition of Westfalia-Automotive from Odewald & Compagnie, WestLB and other shareholders.
- Advising Fondshaus Hamburg Immobilien on tax and legal aspects regarding the acquisition of student apartments (“SMARTments”) through a closed end fund issued by Fondshaus Hamburg Immobilien.
- Advising Granville Baird Capital Advisors Ltd. on its purchase of Zarges Tubesca, a European market leader for aluminium-based access and storage solutions.