Lothar is a Partner of the firm.
Lothar has been with the firm since 2006 and specialises in advising on the tax aspects of M&A, private equity, real estate and closed-end fund transactions.
Lothar was a Managing Partner of the firm, alongside Chris Lowe, between 2014 and 2022.
Before taking up this role, Lothar was head of the firm’s offices in Germany.
- Advising PNE WIND AG on the €157m sale of Gode Wind I, II and III, one of the largest offshore wind farm M&A transactions in Germany so far.
- Advising management shareholders of Scholz & Friends AG in connection with the sale of Commarco GmbH to WPP.
- Advising Parcom Deutsche Private Equity on its acquisition of Westfalia-Automotive from Odewald & Compagnie, WestLB and other shareholders.
- Advising Fondshaus Hamburg Immobilien on tax and legal aspects regarding the acquisition of student apartments (“SMARTments”) through a closed end fund issued by Fondshaus Hamburg Immobilien.
- Advising Granville Baird Capital Advisors Ltd. on its purchase of Zarges Tubesca, a European market leader for aluminium-based access and storage solutions.