Laura Forbes is a solicitor and a paralegal in the finance group in Dubai.
Laura specialises in cross-border finance transactions across a variety of asset classes in the maritime (including ships and container boxes) and aviation (including helicopters, corporate jets and commercial aircraft) sector.
She regularly advises financiers, owners and operators on a range of domestic and international asset and structured finance products including debt and equity financing and leasing, as well as on restructurings.
- Advising a group of 30 international and local banks on the successful financing of the US$14bn merger between Hapag-Lloyd and United Arab Shipping Company.
- Advising Bank of London and The Middle East plc on numerous transactions including the purchase and Ijara lease financing for Al Hilal Bank in Abu Dhabi in relation to their fleet of new ATM equipment.
- Advising Bank of London and the Middle East, Lloyds Bank and SMBC on a EUR30,000,000 Islamic and conventional PDP financing facility for LCI Helicopters, including related regulatory issues.
- Advising Crestline on the US$30,000,000 loan facility for the purpose of financing up to 100% of the acquisition cost of certain ISO tank containers purchased or to be purchased by the Borrower.
- Advising Dubai Navigation on a senior loan facility of up to $25,750,000 for the part-financing of the acquisition of three Panamax Bulkers, one Handysize Bulker and one Feeder vessel.
- 2008 – 2009 · The College of Law, Legal Practice Course
- 2004 – 2007 · The University of Birmingham, Law LLB
memberships & associations
- The Law Society, England & Wales