Khin Voong is a partner in the Finance group.
Khin has extensive experience in a wide range of lending transactions including real estate financing, acquisition financing, fund financing, syndicated and bilateral loans, and loan participation notes. He has a particular focus on cross-border lending across Asia Pacific involving
jurisdictions such as Hong Kong, PRC, Australia and Singapore.
He has considerable experience in cross-border transactions involving Chinese borrowers and security providers. His diverse, sector-agnostic client base includes both lenders and borrowers, with a strong focus on financial institutions, major corporations and high net worth individuals from Hong Kong and mainland China.
Khin obtained a Master of Arts, and a Bachelor of Arts in Jurisprudence from the University of Oxford. Khin is qualified to practice in Hong Kong and England and Wales.
- Advising lenders on a US$800million facility for the acquisition of the Asian business of a major international logistics company.
- Advising German and French development lenders on a US$100 million club financing to a Chinese water infrastructure company.
- Advising lender on a dual HK$4.4 billion and HK$3.2 billion real estate financing secured over commercial buildings in Tsim Sha Tsui.
- Advising a major Asian bank on a US$101 million secured onshore/offshore loan for the acquisition of multiple commercial property companies in the PRC.
- Advising major Chinese corporation as borrower on a financing for the acquisition of commercial real estate in Canary Wharf, London.
- 2012 University of Oxford, Master of Arts
- 1997-2000 University of Oxford, Lincoln College, BA (Hons) in Jurisprudence (Law) (Upper Second Class)
memberships and associations
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Law Society of Hong Kong