Karen is Of Counsel in the Real Estate group, and leads the New York leasing practice.
Karen has extensive experience representing landlords and tenants in retail, office and industrial leasing transactions. She acts for both landlords and tenants.
Karen’s practice encompasses properties throughout the United States, and includes representing institutional and private owners of neighborhood shopping centers and lifestyle centers, office buildings and industrial parks.
In Karen’s landlord-side practice, she negotiates with tenants both national and regional, publicly traded and private, as well as local tenants. On the tenant side, she has represented national, big-box retailers, as well as national and regional retailers in the roll-out of new concept locations, among other things.
- Advising the owner of a shopping center in the lease of approximately 30,000 square feet to a regional retailer.
- Advising the owner of a downtown office tower in the recapture sublease of two floors of a tenant’s multi-floor premises.
- Advising the owner of an industrial park in its post-acquisition leasing activity, accounting for approximately 200,000 square feet of space.
- 1989 · Pace University School of Law – White Plains, NY, J.D.
- 1985 · Pace University – Pleasantville, NY, B.A.
memberships & Associations
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)