Josip is an associate in the Real Estate Group based in London.
His practice focuses on acquisitions and sales of commercial and residential properties, real estate finance, development, corporate support work and landlord and tenant matters relating to portfolio management.
Josip’s clients include institutional investors, developers, foreign and domestic banks, and a wide variety of other commercial real estate investors. In addition to commercial real estate, Josip has experience in representing offshore investors and lenders in relation to high-end residential acquisitions.
Josip is experienced in advising on cross-border transactions including acquisitions, joint ventures, financings and corporate matters, particularly in relation to Central and Eastern Europe.
He speaks English, Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian, Montenegrin and Slovenian.
- Representing a number of well-known developers on the acquisition, financing and development of their 'co-living' building portfolios in the UK.
- Representing numerous offshore private banks in relation to their lending strategies in the UK.
- Advised one of the leading regional real estate companies with operations in Serbia, Montenegro and Slovenia on its hotel financing.
- Advised a Middle-Eastern investor in relation to the refinancing of its £450m luxury hotel portfolio in the UK.
- Advised a London based property developer on a £80m refinancing of its residential portfolio.
- 2010 to 2011 – The University of Law, London Moorgate, LPC
- 2009 to 2010 – The University of Law, London Moorgate, GDL
- 1998 to 2002 – University of Zagreb, LLB, magna cum laude
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Croatian American Bar Association